Mount Compass is a town and locality in the Australian state of South Australia located in the Mount Lofty Ranges, on the A13 south of Adelaide, and north of Victor Harbor. It is a small community, traditionally supported by farming. Both market gardens and dairy have proved lucrative in the area. At the 2011 census, Mount Compass shared a population of 1,731 with adjoining localities.
Since 1973, Mount Compass has hosted the country's only Cow Race, the Compass Cup. Originally conceived by the late Marcy Stewart as a way to bring together the surrounding communities, it has become a regional institution that attracts thousands of visits to the town over the weekend.
Boundaries were created for the portion within the District Council of Yankalilla during August 1999 and for the portion in the Alexandrina Council on 31 August 2000. The name is derived from Mount Compass, a nearby mountain, whose name was given in respect to the loss of compass at that place by George Gawler, the second Governor of South Australia in about 1840.
There is also a local area school that covers from years R-12 with the focus farm project that is run on the adjacent farm to the school.